Lunden - Schlafen Sie in einem Zelt im Wald
Sleep on the forest floor - camping for the quiet forest hiker
The woodland "Lunden" on the east coast of South Langeland is located directly next to the Langeland belt northeast of Kelds Nor Lighthouse.
There are no facilities nearby, in return you get lots of beautiful nature, good opportunities for angling and maybe a fresh dip.
Use the car park at the end of Lundevej.
Free tenting in the 275 state forests is free and without reservation.
The 1-2-3 Rule
- You are allowed to stay for one night at the same location
- You are allowed to place a maximum two tents at the same location
- You are allowed to use tents designated for a maximum of three persons
- Tents must be placed out of sight from forestry and residential buildings, including neighbours,
camp sites and roads for vehicles
- You are allowed to use open fire only in designated sites for campfires (bålpladser)
- You may use camping stoves with a contained burner such as Trangia. Due to the risk of fire it is
not allowed to put the stove on leaves, or other flammable materials
- Please be aware that open fire may be prohibited in periods of drought even at sites for campfires.
In such circumstances, the use of camping stoves is also prohibited.
- The Danish Nature Agency may occasionally need to close woodlands off, and the possibility for
“Fri teltning” may be suspended for a limited period. Such restrictions will be announced on the
Agency’s website and if possible also with signs in the woods.
- Use of motorized vehicles is not allowed on the forest roads.
- In the designated areas for “fri teltning”, it is not allowed to set up tent in the open land, in fields,
on beaches, in dunes, near bogs, on heathlands or other clearings in the area.
- Noisy behaviour is not allowed – this includes the use of radio, loudspeakers, musical
instruments and the like in a noisy manner.
- Leave no trace – clear the area of belongings and trash - take both with you when you leave